Thursday, March 8, 2012

Connor is 5!

My dear middle baby boy, Connor is 5 years old!  There is something about the transition between being 4 and 5 that makes five seem so old!  He is going to Kindergarten next year-I will have TWO kids in elementary school.  WHAT?  It doesn't seem possible....but I've always known time flies.  Goes by so quickly.....

Connor is the most thoughtful little boy.  He is always thinking of others and wanting to do things for other people.  The other day he wanted to give Taylor $10 to buy him (Connor) a birthday present.  When we go to the bank or doctor's office that gives out stickers or suckers, he always has to get one for Taylor too, even though Taylor isn't there.  If I hurt myself, he wants to be there to kiss it and make it better.  He is an ornery little booger, and tests my patience on a minute by minute basis, but I have so much love for his personality!  He is so excited about everything.  His voice raises, his eyes pop open, his smile is big and he jumps up and down.  He has always been this way, starting with his hands an feet when he was a baby; they used to go crazy back and forth in excitement. 

He is smart and even though he doesn't want to show you how smart he is by what he knows...he proves it in the way he acts every day.  He remembers thing from two years ago that I barely remember.  If he has been somewhere or done something he can get you there or recall the event in detail.  I barely remember yesterday. 
He loves his blankey and his thumb. I can't say anything about the blankey b/c I still sleep with mine.  The thumb we should work on, but he really only sucks it at night when he is sleeping. And part of me likes that little bit that keeps him toddler-like.  He is starting Tae Kwon Do next week and is very excited about it!  He did not enjoy T-ball or Soccer last year so we are hoping that he finds this an activity he enjoys doing.  I would prefer he liked something cheaper than martial arts, but if that is what he likes, we will figure out a way to do it. 
I can't imagine my life without this energetic little boy.  Sure he drives me crazy with his high maintenance attitude and his constant booger picking.  But all the good and happiness that he brings to my life is worth all the little imperfections.  He is my child that looks most like me, although I have no spitting images...our baby/toddler pictures are very similar.  He, like my other two children, is my heart and soul.  My job in life is to love him with all I have, and I can promise that I do!!  Happy 5th Birthday my Connor Jackson!  Mommy loves you sooooooo much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment