Saturday, February 5, 2011

Clairey-Belle is a walking, babbling 16-month-old!

My sweet girl is walking!  Finally.  She took longer than the boys to sprout her moving wings.  Taylor walked at 14 months, Connor walked at 12 months and now Claire, at about 15 1/2 months.  What else is new?

  • She babbles like she is having a drawn out converastion with you and if you are not paying attention she will put her face directly in front of yours and stare you in the eye, forcing you to pay attention to what she is saying, even though we have no idea what she is saying. 
  • She is so wrapped up in her own language, she only has a few words that come out clear enough for us to understand.  They are dadda, dog, book, ball, uh-oh (is that a word?) and sometimes mum-mum-mum (which I THINK is mommy). 
  • She loves hugs and to be held. 
  • She is definitely a momma's girl, but that's okay because I love every minute of it. 
  • But she does love her daddy too and grins big and slobbery when she sees him. 
  • She usually is delighted to see her big brothers too but since they sometimes topple her over (or run over her like a mac truck) she isn't always thrilled with them. 
  • Her hair is getting long but the back is still at an awkward, mullet-like stage that I am hoping passes quickly. 
  • She is getting 3 teeth right now so THAT is fun......
  • She got her first hair "do" with a waving/crimping iron lately (all the other girls were doing it, so I couldn't leave her out).  However the end result was a little scary (like, stick your finger in an electrical outlet, scary).
  • Her legs are big fat chubby baby legs and I want to gobble them up every time I see them!
  • I love having her as my daughter and am so in love with her!
WATCH ME WALK





No comments:

Post a Comment