Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ski bunny I am not......

I recently went skiing at Perfect North (link) in Lawrenceburg, IN for the first time since before Taylor was born (so 8+ years ago).  In fact, the last time I went hubby's binding broke on his skii and he dislocated his shoulder and had to drive himself to the hospital because I can't drive a stick.  I'm handy that way. And wow!  I forgot a few things about skiing:

1)  It really hurts your shins to move around in skiis.
2)  I am so short and have such a small boot size that I have to wear kids skiis.
3)  It's a good workout!
4)  I am a scaredy cat going down steep hills.
5)  There are many small children way better than me, including my 7 year old, who totally outskiied me.
6)  Falling is embarassing, but somehow not as embarassing as it was 8 years ago. 
7)  Falling off of a moving ski conveyer and having to have a worker help you up while your husband and child continue to move up the conveyer laughing at you and trying to get the camera out as fast as they can is still just as embarassing!
8)  Unless you own your own equipment, skiing is expensive.
9)  My husband thinks he is super cool on skiis (oh wait, he is super cool on skiis)
10)  I do enjoy skiing and really can do it after I get a hang of it.....which is about 15 minutes before it's time to go home.  Bummer.

The lift ticket also includes unlimited tubing that is connected to the ski area.  So we also were able to tube for a couple of hours.  Or you can buy a separate tubing ticket where you can just tube. You can have them spin you around (if you aren't puking just thinking about the idea of that), you can link together.  Fun times-highly recommend it!





No comments:

Post a Comment