Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hands are for Painting!!

Finger painting makes me cringe....a little.  The idea of all that paint on the hands of children who can't eat a snack without making a mess bigger than themselves.  Add in a few extra kids and painting is daunting.  When I taught Kindergarten, as fun as painting was, I rarely attempted it.  Just imagine, 24-28 kids, one teacher and lots and lots of paint!  After the first time it took me so long to recover that it was months before we attempted it again. You would think this wouldn't bother me because I thrive on chaos, and live a somewhat (sarcasm) unorganized life. But a paint mess just seems overwhelming.  Although I do kinda want to dig in an roll in it myself.  I got some finger paint on sale at the store the other day and as messy as it is, it is also FUN! And since that is what kids like and summer is all about FUN-why not?  It took way longer to get ready and pick up than it did for the kids to actually paint, but did I mention it was FUN?  Thanks to my neighbor, Michelle, for helping me!







2 comments:

  1. OMG that looks like so much fun!!!! Great idea w/ the clothespins and the fence!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade- Love that they did this outside and hanging on the fence! What a GREAT idea! I totally feel the same way about paint...I love it, but makes me crazy when the kids are doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete