Thursday, June 9, 2011

Revisiting New Year's Resolutions

Anyone remember my New Year's "More or Less" Resolutions?  I wanted to take the 6 month mark to revisint them and see how I've done and try to renew my motivation for accomplishment!

exercise MORE-FAILURE so far.......I am averaging once every few weeks....I am such a sporadic exerciser!  I need motivation....actually I need someone to phsically pick me up and take me to an exercise class where I am forced to move or look dumb. 

organize MORE (this is by far my greatest weakness in life)-EPIC FAILURE!  I seriously might need to be committed to the institution for "non-organized clutter creators".  Try as I might, I can't do it captain!
purge MORE I am doing better at getting rid of things that I would otherwise have kept "just in case I need it when I'm 80".  SUCCESS

cook MORE  I really have been more conscious of this and think I am doing better!  SUCCESS

clean MORE Haaaa Haaaa Haaaa-that's all I can muster for this one.

read MORE (It's one of my favorite things to do but I need to find good books that can be checked out from the library)  SUCCESS!!!

finish MORE (If I start folding the laundry at 8:00am, I should probably finish it before 5:00pm. Or if I start cleaning out a closet, it is probably a good idea to finish it instead of leaving everything sitting outside the closet to do "later")  Baby steps

individualize MORE (spend more time with each child and husband by themselves!) FAIL AGAIN

Play MORE Summertime has helped with this one! 

And last, but not least, in order to accomplish MORE of anything I will also need MORE caffeine! So while most are cutting caffeine out of their diets as the new year begins, I will be adding MORE, without guilt-because I will need it! SUCCESS!  Lucky for Dunkin Donuts the amount of money I spend on coffee has drastically increased!


This year I would like to:



Worry LESS (thanks to happy pills I am already leaps and bounds ahead of the game!)  SUCCESS

Eat LESS  Depends on the day.....we'll categorize this as a minor success?

Get frustrated LESS Uh...ya...

Yell LESS (okay, I admit it-I am not the perfect parent! Wew, glad I got that off my chest!) I have read the book "Scream Free Parenting" thanks to my friend Nicole, and I am trying better not to, so I would consider this a SUCCESS!

Pay LESS (this is where my new fascination with extreme couponing comes in!) Consider my last trip to the grocery store where I used one measly coupon due to not spending the time to find the coupons I would say FAIL, BUT I have started using the Target Red card so I get 5% off every purchase, which really adds up, so that would be a SUCCESS.

And last buy not least, Plan LESS and Do MORE! FAIL-I love making lists and I just can't break the habit.  Oh well.

9 SUCCESSES and 7 FAILS.....better than the other way around!  I am really going to concentrate on the cleaning/organizing aspect as well as the frustration aspect for the next 6 months!

PEACE OUT YA'LL

No comments:

Post a Comment