Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2009 at a glance

I don't have any resolutions, per se, for the New Year. There are always things I want to "do better" and they are ongoing goals that I am constantly thinking about and re-evaluating. Some of those include wanting to be a better mom (less yelling (preferably NO yelling), spend more time playing, have more patience, etc.), improving my health and well-being by exercising better and eating right, spending more time developing and strengthening my faith (which include finding a new home church this year), etc. etc. These are not things I want to do beginning January 2010; these are just a few of my ongoing life goals I thought I would share :) I try to take time every day to reflect on the blessings in my life. I am BLESSED and I do love life!!!

We had a great 2009!
We started out the year with a trip to the museum w/ Ali, Mikey & Austin.
This is a pic from the winter strom in February that the kids and Todd built a fort. We also found out in February that we were expecting our THIRD child. This came as great news after having two miscarriages in 2008.
In March we celebrated Connor's 2nd birthday. Such a wonderful, FULL OF LIFE, little boy!


We went to the lake in April over Spring Break. We also went over Memorial Day weekend in May.
Unfortunately this summer Todd also lost his position at work. They moved his position to San Antonio Texas. He was able to keep his job and maintain his current salary, which we are very thankful for; but he is saddened by losing a job he truly enjoyed. He was moved back to doing his previous job duties; we hope that he is able to move into another job role that he likes in the future.
Taylor started baseball in June, playing for the Phillies. He really enjoyed playing for the first time in an actual "league".

In July we took a few trips to St. Louis, Lake Patoka and Kings Island. Below is a picture of us enjoying one of those trips as a family!



In August, Taylor started Kindergarten. Our little boy is school aged now! Hard to believe. He is doing so good in school and even reading now. We are SO VERY proud of him!
The most wonderful thing of the year was the birth of our beautiful little girl, Claire Annalise Mann born September 30th, 2009, 7 lbs 4 0z.
We celebrated being a family of five now!!!

In November, Taylor went to his first IU game with daddy. Being the son of two IU grads, he is bound to attend his share of IU games. He also went t his first IU basketball game in December. I would love if he also went to IU-but ultimately it is his choice-and we will support wherever he chooses :) Hopefully we will also be able to financially support it!
In December we celebrated Taylor's 6th birthday!














1 comment: