Monday, August 30, 2010

Holy Salmon!

Am I the only one that didn't know how ginormous Salmon can be?  Todd (husband) has a friend that is a fishing guide and he went fishing with his brother and his friend this past week and caught some monster salmon!  I misheard the weight though and was telling "fish stories" for him.  I just told a friend of mine that he caught a 40 lb salmon but in actuality it was a 20 lb salmon.  Where did I get 40 lbs?  Who knows-but it sounded good!  I've never been a salmon eater but we cut it up, marinated it and grilled it.  It was pretty good I must say.  We took the leftovers and made it into "salmon salad", kinda like tuna salad.  That turned out pretty good too.  I must say I surprise myself everyday with the things that I am willing to eat.  And for those that know me too well, in case you are wondering, YES I SMELLED IT FIRST!

Salmon Marinade
Lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder (sprinkle on before & after marinade)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
Mix until brown sugar disolves and marinate salmon for at least an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment