Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stupid Bed!

Look at that smile even in the hospital!  I was up all night that is why I am looking super tired!
Claire the next day in downtown Charleston.

So, we were on vacation last week in Isle of Palms, SC and on the very first night I was changing Claire on the bed and I turned for what I thought was a fraction of a second to grab the laundry basket and she rolled off the bed!!!  I know you are right now thinking of grabbing the phone to ask me to watch your child.  But not only that , when I went to try to catch her I still had the laundry basket and smacked her in the head with it :(  The short story of it is we thought she was okay but the next day her leg seemed to be in pain so we took her to the hospital and sure enough she had broken her femur bone!  I am sure you can imagine how awful I felt that it happened and that we waited to get her treatment.  She was such a trooper though it all!  In the end they admitted us to the hospital and we spent 24 hours of our vacation in the hospital.  They put Claire in what is called a Pavlik Harness that is typically used for hip dysplasia but the alternative to this was a cast that goes all the way up around her waste.  The doctors thought this would be way more comfortable for her and it has worked out well!  She is doing much better and will hopefully only have to wear it for a couple of more weeks.  She has even managed to still crawl around in this thing.  So sorry my little darling Claire Annalise!

No comments:

Post a Comment