Friday, June 12, 2009

Taylor wants to be a chef


Okay, so these are the precious moments of my life that I have to share. I thought I was done blogging for this week but I have to share. So Todd gets home from work and comes upstairs to see what we are up to. I am sitting on the bathroom floor painting my toenails (which, don't they look good for a pregnant lady?) and Taylor is brushing my hair. Little does Todd know he has already tried to "style" it and straight iron it (w/ the iron off) as well as put it in a pony tail and head band. So Todd walks in the bathroom and then turns around and walks right back out. He asks Taylor from the other room, "So Taylor, are you going to be a hair dresser when you grow up?" And Taylor laughs and says "No daddy, I am going to be a chef". (which is interesting because he has actually said this before) So daddy asks him if we can eat at his restaurant and he says yes and I ask if we can eat for free and he says yes, still cheesing about it. Then he says, "I am going to work at McDonald's". (can you guess where we eat out at?) I say "Honey, you are going to have to shoot for a better restaurant than that if you are going to be a "chef". A nicer restaurant." So Taylor thinks about it for a minute and says, "Okay, I'll work at Arby's". Todd and I laugh and he keeps going...."Wendy's?" I went on to explain that usually we don't take them to "nice" restaurants so he may not have ever been to one and that was okay. But what is great about this is this is a 5 year old's thoughts. Not to take away from his aspirations and dreams, I did tell Taylor he could work at those places if he was 15 or 16. :) After Todd left, Taylor also painted one of my toes and put blush on my face (which I washed off b/c I am about to be in a car for bukoo hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment